Re: xserver-xorg fatal configuration

Andrei,

> You could try getting the .deb for xserver-xorg and linux-image... and
> install them manually with dpkg -i
>
> Just a thought
> Andrei

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough:
Yes, that is probably true regarding my situation. I try my best.

Further, I believe dpkg -i is what I have tried already as documented in my
Appendix 1, with the packages present in /var/cache/apt/archives/. So, is
there another way, maybe removing packages from a more basic level? Where a
larger part of the "X/xserver/gui system" (maybe including even KDE and all
depenting on that), before reinstallation of everything. Should be
substantially (enormously!) less work than beginning from schratch, since I
would like to preserve most configurations (well, is there maybe a risk that
the same error is preserved?).

My knowledge doesn't include any idea of how to proceed
Tore