Re: sudo doesn't set HOME

Tadeusz Bak wrote:

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

On Sarge since sudo 1.6.8p7-1.3 it is.

Hugo,

I am sorry, but I am not sure what do you mean. Does sudo 1.6.8p7-1.3 set
the HOME variable on your system, or it doesn't and this is intentional?
If the later is the case what is the reason for this? Did I open some
security hole by resetting the environment variables in sudo?

Thanks,
  Tad

Tad,

1.6.8p7-1.3 does not set some ENV variables because it was deemed this was a security risk. As a result it functions differently than previous versions and you have to fiddle with sudoers to get it to behave as it did before.