Re: mount previously formatted linux drive

Þann 2006-03-04, 15:35:43 (-0500) skrifaði Marty Landman:
> I have installed woody on hda and also mounted hdd. hdc is my cdrom and hdb
> is a 250gb linux drive from an old redhat installation on this box which
> has data on it I would like to keep. During the Woody install I attempted
> to mount hdb but was told that the mount point was invalid. I tried a
> variety of them.
>
> How can I keep the data on hdb and access it on my debian system?

Did you try to mount it with the following line?

mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb /path/to/mountpoint
(or is it a ext3 filessystem?)

If not give us the full command and the ls -l outcome of the mount
point.

Oli