Re: What do you do with a .jar file?

On 3/3/06, Jacob S <stormspotter@6texans.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:53:54 -0800 (PST)
> ke6isf <ke6isf@chez-vrolet.net> wrote:
>
> > Running Sarge with the Sun Java package installed, per the
> > instructions provided on the IRC channel.
> >
> > OK, so I have this .jar file.  If I open it using 'java
> > hidejournal-0.3.1.jar', it gives me:

> > hidejournal-0/3/1/jar

Just do : java -jar hidejournal-0.3.1jar
It will run if the jar file is an executable jar file, otherwise it's
just an archive with java .class files and possible other resources
such as images, source code, etc. U can see the contents and extract a
jar file usar sun's java sdk command line tool jar, it has flags very
similiar to tar.

Filipe David Borba Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com