Re: modprobe.d and post-install problem

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:14:01 +0200
"Andras Lorincz" <andras.lorincz@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are 2 lines: one beginning with the options word and the second with
> the post-install
>
> On 3/2/06, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:28:13 +0200
> > "Andras Lorincz" <andras.lorincz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a tv-tuner with saa7135HL chipset and works fine with kernel
> > version
> > > 2.6.15.4. When booting I want to pass the module alsa=1 option and to
> > load
> > > the saa7134-alsa module also. So I took these steps:
> > >
> > >  1. created a file /etc/modprobe.d/tuner which contains this:
> > >
> > > options saa7134 alsa=1
> > > post-install saa7134 insmod
> > > /lib/modules/2.6.15.4/kernel/drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134-alsa

check out man modprobe.d, there is no "post-install" primitive listed there. I think all you need to do is the option line as is followed by

install saa7134 /sbin/modprobe /lib<path here>/saa7134; /sbin/modprobe /lib<path here>/saa7134-alsa

this replaces the default install of saa7134 with saa7134 followed by saa7134-alsa....

hth