User And Group create failures - sarge

Hi,

I have done a fair bit of googling, and spent a while on freenode on this
problem, fyi, I did rtfm ;)

I would very much appreciate some word on this, as I am stuck.

Basically, Ive seen this happen once before with clamav package, and now with
the bind package. I know this is not a package related problem, hence my post
here.

In this case, I must create a group, bind:

# addgroup --system bind
Adding group `bind' (111)...
Done.

Obviously this worked:

# getent group bind
bind:x:111:

but now I have to create a user, in that group:

# adduser --system --home /var/cache/bind --no-create-home --disabled-password
--ingroup bind bind
adduser: The group `bind' does not exist.

How is this possible ? Sometimes lucky and that sequence works, but I need it
to work everytime, on all my debian machines.

I would be glad if anyone could tell me why this "group not found" problem
occurs, and how I could vent it out.

Thanks in advance,

regards

Marlon