Re: aptitude --target target sarge xxx doesn't limit to sarge

I wrote:

When I run "aptitude --target sarge install ...", aptitude doesn't
listen to the instruction to install a version from Sarge; it installs
a version from Testing.  (I have both Sarge and Testing mirrors in
my APT sources list file.)

What needs to be done to get "--target ..." (or APT::Default-Release)
to work?

Hmm, I found that "--target stable" does work.

So why doesn't "--target sarge" work?   What does it take to make
it work?

Thanks,
Daniel