Re: Installing a package from "testing" or "unstable". How?

Kevin Dean wrote:
In order to do this, you must have the testing or unstable repository enabled and un-commented in /etc/apt/sources/list

For instance, (please not, this will be different based on your mirrors and sources, but the concept is the same.

as root, nano /etc/apt/sources.list

You'll see lines that look like

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free

Comment this out  (put a # in front of it) and add

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

The save the file and exit.

next, do apt-get update

The apt-get install <package name> and it should pull from the unstable repository.

I hope htis helps

-Kevin Dean