Networking issues on New System Setup

Greetings,

This is my first post the mailing lists, so please forgive me if I err.

I am setting up a new system, and running into several issues on various distros, all Debian based. This is the DEBIAN mailing list, so I will limit my discussion specifically to Debian "sarge", from the current net install image.

The setup goes smoothly, and I can boot into my minimal Debian system. I can apt-get to my heart's content, browse with some of the text browsers and do just about anything else. However, when this specific system receive INCOMING traffic, it begins to drop it's connection. Very specifically, this system will be used to host websites and after successfully installing either Ravencore ( www.ravencore.com) or VHCS, and administering them via the web interface from a different computer on my network, I get these errors.

I posted this question in #Debian on freenode, and got some response, however none of the responses solved the issue.

While this machine sits at a root terminal, it prompts me with a quite sizable blob of text, below:

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 e000.
diagnostics net 0cd8 media 8880 dma 000000a0 fifo 0000
Flags; bus-master 1, dirty 300(12) current 316(12)
transmit list 0f2b8a20 vs cf2b8980
0:@cf2b8200   length   80000042   status   00000042
1:@cf2b82a0   length   80000042   status   00000042
2:@cf2b8340   length   80000042   status   00000042
3:@cf2b83e0   length   80000042   status   00000042
4:@cf2b8480   length   80000042   status   00000042
5:@cf2b8520   length   80000042   status   00000042
6:@cf2b85c0   length   80000042   status   00000042
7.@cf2b8660   length   80000042   status   00000042
8:@cf2b8700   length   80000042   status   00000042
9:@cf2b87a0   length   80000042   status   00000042
10:@cf2b8840   length   80000042   status   00000042
11:@cf2b88e0   length   80000042   status   00000042
12:@cf2b8980   length   80000042   status   00000042
13:@cf2b8a20   length   80000042   status   00000042
14:@cf2b8ac0   length   80000042   status   00000042
15:@cf2b8b60 length   80000042   status   00000042
eth0: command 0x3002 did not complete! Status 0xf000

dmesg also adds the following line to this output:

eth0: Resetting the Tx ring pointer

Also, I have redownloaded, checked, burned and reburned the install image, and get consistent results each time. I am fairly certain it is NOT bad media.

I have installed with the 2.4 kernel, the 2.6, used a kernel from another distro, passed the acpi=off flag, loaded with noapic, nolapic (in all possible combinations).

Here are some system specs, to try to make life a LITTLE easier.

Processor: AMD Sempron 2800+
Motherboard: ASUS K8U-X Socket 754
BIOS Version: 0703
Ethernet Card: 3Com Corp. 3c905b 100baseTX [Cyclone] (rev 30)
**Note, this same issue occurs with my other cards and is not specific with this one***
DVD-ROM: Hitachi GD-7000 ATAPI
Hard Drive: Maxtor 60.1 GB (96147H6)
Video Card: nVidia NV5M64 (TNT Card?)
Memory: 256MB Infineon DDR

Any assistance in getting my machine online stably would be greatly appreciated.

-Kevin Dean
kdean06@gmail.com