Re: "Sxxxx"s and "Kxxxx"s in /etc/rc(*).d/

It means that scripts with S will start a particular service and those with K will stop that service.

On 2/28/06, Deephay < tudoxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings all,

  I read the debian references and there are some sentences like this:
"scripts whose names begin with K are run with the argument stop.
Scripts beginning with S are run with the argument start."
So, the corresponding services whose names begin with K will not be
started? But I have a K23ntp-server in my /etc/rc(2-5).d/ , it will be
started though. Anyone can tell me why? thx!

Deephay