Re: No xterm window by default?

Kevin Mark wrote:

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 04:11:44PM -0500, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
Kevin Mark wrote:

Other than that, you can install a WM: wmaker, openbox, kde,gnome,....
And an display manager: wdm, xdm, gdm, kdm...
Cheers,
Kev

Just a minor nitpick.

kde is the desktop environment. kwin is the window manager of kde.

raju
Hi Raju (I guess that is a nickname?),
Yes. That is what most of my friends call me.

As someone who has not touched Kde in a while, ;-), it was an
oversight. For that matter, I should have said metacity, not gnome.
It is just a common confusion that folks have with:
gnome vs. metacity
kde vs. kwin
linux vs gnu/linux
I normally do not bother about these minor issues. But the OP seemed to be a newbie, so I thought I would point it out right in the beginning.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/