Re: Sitebar

Jon Dowland wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 11:45:49AM +0100, Josep Serrano wrote:
Any debianites are using sitebar?

I do and I wonder why it is stalled in version 3.2.6-7 since last
year:(http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/sitebar.html)

I tried contacting the maintainer but had no answer. Is this package
dead?

How long ago? See "Dealing with inactive and/or unreachable maintainers"
in the Developer's Reference[1].

There are a few open bugs in the current debian version. The actual
stable version at sitebar.org is 3.3.7. Can we expect any updates to
the debian package?

[ I note a 5-month old bug indicating the new upstream version ]

If the maintainer doesn't wake up then you will have to wait until
someone else does the package -- a NMU (non maintainer upload) by a
different developer or by a non-DD (e.g. you) sponsored by an existing
DD.

I did just that (non-DD) for xpaint, when its DD went AWOL. Is well worth the trouble. Problem will be getting a DD uploader, see the mentors list.

[1] <http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-beyond-pkging.en.html#s-mia-qa>