Re: Getting Ensoniq 5880 soundcard to work again after 2.4 to 2.6 kernel upgrade.

OK, I think I've got this sorted now.  I added snd_pcm_oss to
/etc/modules and commented out a bunch of old stuff, then rebooted.

Then X wouldn't start.  I'm not sure, but I think that might be
because I was trying to run udev on kernel-image-2.6.8-2-k7.  (This
was the first reboot since installing udev and hal to get pmount to
work as I expected it to.)

So I installed linux-image-2.6.15-1-k7 and booted with that.  Now X
and the soundcard work.  In the end I didn't need to mess with
/etc/modprobe.d/*.

Thanks very much for your help!