Re: can I define a default printer in firefox? how? [solved, but ...

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:19:21PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I'm running cups under sarge. I can print from firefox, but
> the print window shows five printers, two are attached to a
> Mac in the next room, two are figments of firefox's imagination.
> The firefox print window always comes up with one of the figments
> preselected (its designation is "xp_ps_spooldir_HOME_Xprintjobs@:64" )
> If I forget to select a proper printer, I don't get output until
> I fix my mistake. I hope there is a way to select a useful default
> printer which will be automatically pre-selected when a choose to
> print a page. Does anyone know if I can do this? And how?
>
> TIA

This thread has been valuable, but has gotten out of hand and somewhat
unfocussed. I think I've gotten rid of the 'printers' that I didn't
want, but I've discovered other problems for which I'll start new
threads. Thanks to all.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net