Re: Why do I bother?

Shane wrote:

After a bit more digging, now that I can get online again (not yet with Debian), it seems that the problem may be in the modem. It will run on Linux - I even have directions for using it with Red Hat - but it may not be getting the proper setup. Unfortunately, or possibly fortunately, where I am only dialup is available.

As for why I bother, I needed something like this. To me this is therapy.

Shane

Contact your ISP.
Enquire as to whether it's the chat or pap protocols which apply.
With a utility as straight forward as ppp, this is all it could be.
Regards,