Re: Can't open encrypted partitions

Kees Vonk wrote:

> Adam Porter wrote:
>
>> Have you checked the actual output of GPG?
>
> I have checked the GPG output (it is 64 lines of random characters, as
> expected). I originally generated the keys for aes-loop multi-key setup,
> and then forgot to truncate it when I started using dm-crypt. Would the
> fact that there are newline characters in that output cause the problem
> (something like: before the update it did accept them in a password and
> now not any more, or vice versa of course)?

I don't know.  Is it outputting ASCII data, like the way OpenPGP messages
and keys are exchanged, with the headers and footers?  Or is it just the
key itself?  If it's just the key itself, maybe that is causing a problem,
but the only way to be sure would be to know how it used to work.

If nothing else, can you revert to older versions of the relevant packages?
Maybe you should downgrade some things to testing.  I generally stick with
testing for most things, unless something I really want is in unstable and
it's not in testing yet.

BTW, I only happened to notice your reply.  It seems that no "References:"
header was sent in your reply, which caused it to not show up in the same
thread as the first two messages.  I don't know why it's happening, but I
thought I'd let you know.  Anyway, if you reply to this, you might want to
cc me to be sure I get it.