Replacement for Nessus

Hello,

I used to run Nessus on a semi-regular basis to make sure that my
firewall is still doing what it is supposed to do. With the latest
version of Nessus not actually being all that free anymore, I find
myself looking for alternatives: Something that looks for open ports
on my system and also gives me an overview of the risks the software
listening on those ports may pose. For example, Nessus didn't just
observe that I have an HTTPS server running, but also that I was
allowing weak encryption schemes.
Do you know of anything out there that might serve a similar purpose?
It would be really, really nice if such a program would run in a
text console (which was possible with Nessus, but a bit of a pain).

Thanks,
Juergen