Re: package error after debfoster

Hi, Luís, Lars & Co.

On Feb 22 2006, Luis Finotti wrote:
> Lars Staun Knudsen wrote:
> >I cleaned out my system with debfoster, but unfortunately the
> >package "menu" is stuck.
(...)
> >	Removing menu ...
> >	chmod: cannot access `/usr/bin/update-menus.real': No such 	 file
> >or directory
> >(...)
>
> I am not at my Debian machine, so I can't double check, but I think
> you need "dpkg --force-purge".  (Careful with that!  Check the man
> page.  Search "force-thing".)

I think that a simpler "touch /usr/bin/update-menus.real" as root would
work better than using --force-* for dpkg. This way, you can still use
higher level tools than dpkg.

I've been using this for some broken packages that I've made in the past
and it "works for me" (the package should never get in such a state,
anyway).

Hope this helps, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/