Re: Testing upgrade breaks printing, mutt and xserver

Art Edwards wrote:
I just upgraded a testing machine and broke many items, including:
CUPSYS gs grinds endlessly on a test page for my HP5550 printer. I'm using hpijs and hplip
mutt            I receive send errors
xserver.org This broke my graphics. I ended up reinstalling the previous xserver package, which restored my graphics. This was particularly difficult because the entire system would hang. I ended up booting into recovery mode to fix this.

The only completely intractable problem is CUPSYS. I don't know whether the problem is in gs or elsewhere. In top, gs, called by lp, is grinding constantly. Any insight would be appreciated

After upgrading mutt to 1.5.11+cvs20060126-1 I too experience problems with mutt. Sending mail or opening large mailboxes cause segfaults.
I tried rebuilding mutt with dpkg-buildpackage several times to no avail.

Running mutt with -d <debuglevel> doesn't shed any light on the reason for the crashes. Has anyody else experienced this or does anybody have a suggestion to allow me to use mutt again?

TIA

Bram