Re: Upgraded 2.4 to 2.6 kernel: how to get pmount to work?

On 2006-02-21, Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:

>>Are DBus (package dbus) and HAL (package hal) installed and running?

They are now...

> Is your user in the plugdev group?

and these are now...

Everything's working fine now.  Thanks to both of you.

The reason I asked what might seem to be a stupid question is that on
my previous work computer, I installed Debian with pmount and a 2.6
kernel, whereas I installed Debian on my home computer a few years ago
and have just this week changed to 2.6.

I had assumed that pmount's dependencies would be sufficient for it to
work, so I'm curious: why aren't they?

Thanks,
Adam