Re: KDE Debian Installation

hi Evan,
kde-3.5.0 is not stable yet. i mean it is not included in sarge repositories.
[at least in my country its in unstable or testing repositories.]
therefore if you want to install a stable debian system you'll probably have a kde version of 3.2 or 3.3 or something like that.
>so you have to upgrade some packages that are necessary to install kde-3.5.0[or 3.5.1] as well.
you dont have any decision maker role here ;) i'm sorry :p
its a relationship among packages to work correctly so you cannot break into :'(
the packages that are MUSTS to install kde-3.5.0 or + are listed on kde.org's download page. you can check that page and see which packages you need to install kde.
[check this page : http://kde.org/info/requirements/3.5.php]

Cheers,
MFA