Re: which command can be used to show IP address

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

If you use DHCP to configure your cable modem, chances are that you
have a dynamic IP of some sort.
<SNIP>

You might want to look at registering your ip with one of the dynamic
dns services, who will effectively map your address to a static
for you. ddns rings a bell as a Debian package.

If my DSL modem is using NAT, so that my box shows a 192.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address but the outside world is seeing 71.xxx.xxx.xxx can I still use a service like dyndns? Will that get past the modem to my box, or will it get stuck?

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com