Re: xmms in sid

mslinuz wrote:
Toshiro wrote:
I didn't know that xmms wasn't in development anymore. What is its
substitute? I've been using moc (Music On Console), already packaged in
Debian, which is able to play a quite impressive list of music formats.

It, together with easytag, are the "must haves" audio applications for
those interested in messing with music with Free Software (of course,
grip is also a quite nice application, especially when coupled with
Lame).

I'm just curious to know what others are using.

 I'm using amarok and I think is the best!

Just want to make this longer ...

XMMS with MediaTower skin !!! THE BEST OF THE WORLD !
mmmmm..i started this thread with my question of installing xmms from unstable into sarge.
*thanks andrei for your precise answer: it worked.*
[documented myself further on APT and APTITUDE]

i tried out many players in the meantime. came back to mplayer. i intensified the stereo-output somewhat (with gmplayer) and on the very moment i type this, i hear my beloved jazz from the speakers with a ca0106_card and alsa-driver 0.11 rc3. so: i decided to keep mplayer. is at least as good as the rest and without humbug or fancy gui's. i like to *do* classic linux from the command-line.

cheers,

steef