Re: Testing, "could not start kdeinit. check your installation" since yesterdays updates

On Sunday 19 February 2006 05:15, Magnus Pedersen wrote:
> I am seeing this on two machines.
>
> It dosn't matter if I use kdm or startx, I get that error in a small
> window just before the kde-splasscreen. And my syslog is filled with
> dbuserrors like this:
>
> Feb 19 12:29:35 localhost hcid[6842]: Can't send D-BUS inquiry start
> message
>
> Whats up anyone?
>
> /Magnus
> Sorry for my poor english, it is not my first language.

The easiest fix is to install libfreetype6  from unstable which contains the
missing symbol that is holding up the start of kdeinit.  You will see the
error message in .xsession-errors at the top of the file.

John