Re: netstat

Mankuthimma on 18/02/06 02:19, wrote:
On 2/18/06, *Adam Hardy* <adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com <mailto:adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com>> wrote:

    I use netstat to check what's going on with the ports on my hosted
    server each night, and I have got this entry (see below, last on the
    list).

Is this the one ?

    tcp        0      0 hardyaa1.miniserv:https bosch.netcraft.com:4800
    <http://bosch.netcraft.com:4800>
    ESTABLISHED 421/java

It's saying somebody from netcraft.com <http://netcraft.com> domain has connected to your https port. Most prbly, it could be a netcfraft.com <http://netcfraft.com> bot which measuring/estimating your uptime, server etc. The IP address belongs to Netcraft. Maybe you should send them a mail seeking more details.

That's the line. It seems that their bot is locking on to my port then, for some reason - for weeks at a time. I assume then that it's an error. It shouldn't be using HTTPS since there's only one login page on the website that uses HTTPS. I guess it's not reading the website robots.txt file - or perhaps I should check the file myself :(