Re: Restricting POP3 / IMAP access from certain interface

Allan Wind wrote:

>As your restrictions are based on the imap/pop credentials, you would
>need to find servers that support such policies (or enhance existing
>ones).  I am not aware of any servers that can do that.
>
>You may be able to find servers that can bind to specific interfaces and
>then configure each instance to use a different authentication source.
>They must also lock the mailbox, so the two instances do not cause
>corruption by concurrent access.  The only thing left then is provision
>the two authentication sources appropiately.
>
>3rd option may be a protocl aware proxy server.
>

>/Allan

Thanks Allan.
I'm currently under some experiment to accomplish this kind of thing.
This thing came up from my big boss request who doesn't want her mail used
from her home which has direct tunneling connection with the office via
wireless internet.
A client-side approach actually may be easier, but it's always not easy to
tell her what to do. -- Who's the boss here ??? X-(

cheers,

mslinuz
Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com