Re: xmms in sid

Sunday, 19 February 2006 11:16, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> [2006 Feb 18 16:21 -0600]:
> > steef wrote:
> > > want to install the latest xmms,
> > Just curious, why?
>
> Despite the slight version difference, the changelog does show quite
> a few fixes and improvements.  Not bad for a package no longer
> officially in development anymore.

While I join you in commending the maintainers for persisting longer
than upstream, the only change I see that is not purely cosmetic in
essence is the fix to #340019 (correcting the protocol for streaming
over HTTP).

Even more puzzling than why one would consider the risk of compromising
a supposed production system for one minor update to the same CVS
snapshot is why one would even run a program for entertainment on a
production system in the first place. That's what I am curious about.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/