File attributes being set after upgrade

Since my latest dist-upgrade today, many of my files are having file
attributes (as displayed by lsattr) set, and as far as I can tell, this
didn't happen before. At any rate, seemingly randomly, various of my files
are becoming undeletable for no apparent reason. I seem to have to log in as
root and do a "chattr -i" or "chattr -a" to fix things.

Previously I never encountered such a problem. What might be setting these
attributes? I want to disable it, since I have no need for special security
measures, being a sole user of the system.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.