Re: xmms in sid

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 20:07:01 +0100
steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> want to install the latest xmms, debian_way: so i need sid.
> i am running sarge on one of my two hdś, as my production-system.
>
> so i need to update from sarge to sid to install this latest xmms.

You don't need to. Just put

	APT::Default-Release "stable";

in /etc/apt/apt.conf (you need to create it if it doesn't exist), add a source for unstable in your sources.list (usually you can just copy-paste the stable one and change 'stable' to 'unstable') and then do:

	apt-get update
	apt-get -t unstable install xmms

This will pull only the minimum from unstable than is needed to install xmms.

Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)