Re: xmms in sid

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 20:07:01 +0100
steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> hi all,
> want to install the latest xmms, debian_way: so i need sid.
> i am running sarge on one of my two hdś, as my production-system.
> so i need to update from sarge to sid to install this latest xmms.

You don't need to. Just put

	APT::Default-Release "stable";

in /etc/apt/apt.conf (you need to create it if it doesn't exist), add a source for unstable in your sources.list (usually you can just copy-paste the stable one and change 'stable' to 'unstable') and then do:

	apt-get update
	apt-get -t unstable install xmms

This will pull only the minimum from unstable than is needed to install xmms.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)