Re: what screwed up mozilla and seamonkey?

On 2/17/06, Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net> wrote:
> Running seamonkey, the first symptom I noticed was that my WebDeveloper
> toolbar was greyed out.
>
> I quit seamonkey and fired up the debian installed mozilla. Now the
> WebDeveloper toolbar was missing.
>
> I logged out of gnome and now when I run either mozilla or seamonkey not
> only is the WebDeveloper toolbar missing the main menubar is missing.
> The only menubar that shows has only 'Home' and 'Bookmarks'.
>
> Fortunately, FireFox still works fine but I'd rather use seamonkey.
>
> Any ideas as to what happened and more importantly, how to fix it?
>
> (I'm running 'testing', updated daily.)

I haven't had any problems, but my SeaMonkey webdev is installed in my
profile via the xpi (not a deb) and that profile is seperate from the
debian mozilla profile. Have you tried creating a new profile to see
if everything is normal in there (for moz or sm)? It sounds like
webdev is in your profile (not in the application dir) and you are
using the same profile for moz and sm?