Re: "Error exit delayed from previous errors"

Jan Johansson wrote:
However, the resultant home.tar file appears to be OK (I can extract it
without evident errors).

Google shows a number of references to this problem but none seems
particularly relevant.

I don't much like relying on files that have been generated with this
error. Any ideas? Can I ignore it?

Isnt that the error you get it you try to create a file which is bigger
then the filesystem will allow? I seem to recall getting that when
trying to create a >2GB archive on an ext2-partition?

I've seen this error when trying to tar up files which I didn't have
permissions for. If you really want to make sure the tar file is
ok, then untar it to another directory and do diffs.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.