Re: Kernel 2.6.15 networking works with irqpoll

#include <hallo.h>
* Nil Cire [Thu, Feb 16 2006, 01:01:32AM]:

> I recently had another post about the networking not working. Well,
> I've solved it. However, I still don't know why it works. What the
> heck does irqpoll do? Is there any way I can do it without using
> irqpoll? Refer to my other post (Networking problems specific to
> linux-image-2.6.15-1-686) something like that.

IIRC irqpoll is a workaround for some bizzare kernel bug that they
could not fix otherwise. I have a similar problem since 2.6.15.1, I also
had this problem with Ubuntu kernels since Hoary or so, and with
resuming after suspend-to-ram with all regular kernels since 2.6.6.
Always saying:

IRQ 11: Nobody cared...

and then just behaving odd. IRQ 11 is the one for my onboard periphery
controller, so my USB is broken (mouse jumps when moved, like having
only 1 dpi instead of 800dpi), my NIC is broken (mii-tool says ok but
its loosing all packages) etc.pp.

Eduard.

--
Sinclair: You should never hand someone a gun unless you are sure where they
will point it