USB flash/pen drives

Hello,
          I have a dysfunctional cd/dvd/floppy drive on my laptop and want to install debian lite if any onto a bootable usb pen drive.
Can you help? I have installed the Debian 3.1 the 1.9Gb file (from APC Mag) onto my desktop and thoroughly enjoyed it, i have yet wanted in some what a lite version for USB pen drive since you have a cd/dvd/floppy and network installers....

How bout a USB Flash/Pen drive installer?
Would be economical and very helpful, in my case yes VERY helpful.

Thank you for your insight in Debian 3.1 an awesome product, wish to see more.
Thanks again.