Can't open encrypted partitions

I have three encrypted partitions, which I normally open like this:

   gpg --decrypt keyfile.gpg | cryptsetup create misc /dev/hda11
   mount /dev/mapper/misc

Where keyfile.gpg is created like this:

   head -c 2880 /dev/urandom | uuencode -m - | head -n 65 | tail -n 64 | gpg
--symmetric -a

However when I came back from holiday a week ago and updated my system (sid,
running kernel 2.6.15) it stopped mounting my encrypted partitions (all
three) with the following error:

   mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mapper/misc,
          missing codepage or other error
          dmesg | tail  or so

If this would happen to only one partition I would believe that it would
have been corrupted however not three partitions at the same time,
certainly not as only one of them was mounted at the time of the update. I
have had this problem before when I used a wrong password, that is why I
started to use the keyfiles, at least I know I have the password right that
way. Is something changed that would suddenly treat my keyfiles in a
different way than before and therefore feeds the wrong password to
cryptsetup or am I thinking on totally the wrong lines?

Has anyone got this same problem, and does anyone know what I can do about
it?

Please help,

Kees