Re: How to prevent kernel upgrade from apt-get?

On 2/16/06, riches@ms.washington.edu <riches@ms.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Nelson Castillo wrote:

(cut)

> I've not been using debian for very long (actually, it's only here for the
> OpenMOSIX clusters).  Are you saying that apt-get cannot be configured to
> prevent a kernel upgrade and that I should use dpkg,

Yes, it can be done. Using dpkg :)

> or are you saying
> that apt-get and dpkg use the same configuration files?

Kind of. You can look at the state of the installed packages with:

  $ dpkg -l

Debian keeps track of the installed packages and they have some
metadata. I don't know the theory of this. Perhaps someone else
can provide a link to some documentation.

--
http://arhuaco.org/