Re: problems with xserver?

Thanks, best to just downgrade. I modified the files as you suggested but aptitude claims it can't find the package file in the associated directory which is a bit strange. Hopefully that'll iron itself out. Thanks again,

  Jesse

Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@d.umn.edu> wrote:

it seems that the upgrade from xserver-xorg 6.8.2.dfsg.1-11 to 6.9.?
caused some individuals considerable grief within my local debian
community.

*) 1/2 of a coworkers dual head system that i admin stoped working.

*) a friend's dell inspiron just has a blank screen now.

$ grep snapshot /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2005/11/30/debian unstable main
contrib non-free

$ grep Default /etc/apt/apt.conf
APT::Default-Release "testing";

then using aptitude backrev xserver-xorg, and then hold the package.

-matt zagrabelny