Re: minimizing bandwidth taken be spam delivery attempts even when identifiable by "To:" address

Paul Johnson wrote:

It sounds like you're already at a spot where you can't reasonably reduce bandwidth used by email any further.

Yeah, that seems to be true, unfortunately.

For example, does your network have a caching HTTP proxy? If not, you're literally flushing bandwidth down the toilet.

That statement's a little strong (untrue).  It's only true if or when
something is making HTTP requests that could be serviced from the
cache.

(By the way:  Ouch!  Don't abuse the word "literally" like that.)

> Most organizations have far, far more to gain from caching HTTP than
> from cutting corners on email.

Ah--now I see the assumption/perception that led to your statement
above.  No, I'm not (representing) an organization--my questions weren't
about a machine for an organization; they were just for a single-user
machine.

Daniel