Re: image view software

I like gqview for checking out directories and playing with id tags for later
sorting. It can be a bit slower on large directories then gimageview if I recall
its name correctly but the interface is quite nice.

For one time image viewing I use feh -FZ (will also do slideshows if you replace
the image with a directory.

For editing there is nothing close to the gimp under linux although after
getting used to photoshop it is not even close. Even if you ignore features, I
find its setup very disorganized and I seriously miss adjustment layers.