network problems specific to linux-image-2.6.15-1-686

Recently, I installed the new kernel package linux-image-2.6.15-1-686 for etch and found that I cannot connect to my dhcp server (router). In grub, if I choose kernel 2.6.12, the internet and networking works just fine after it boots up. I'm even able to use my wireless card in 2.6.12 with no problems.  It seems like the kernel cannot detect the network interfaces or something because when I run "dhclient eth0," I just keep on seeing multiple dhcprequests. Even with a lot of tries, I am never able to recieve a dhcpoffer. I tried typing route to see if the kernel route tables had my network in them but they were empty. Back in 2.6.12, typing route would give me something.

Thanks for any help.
--
Eric Lin

Typed on Dvorak. Switch to the Dvorak
Keyboard Layout. Faster. Easier. Better.

Choose Linux. Always on Target.