Debian on Dell N02132 Inspiron 1300

Dear all,

for a small home-server, I plan to replace my good-old P1
200MHz with a Dell Inspiron notebook.  The reason for this
intention: 3years warranty, low-price, low-energy consumption.

However, for my personal work, I have been using Thinkpad's
with Debian only.  Thus, I have no idea whether Debian testing
can be install and runs smoothly on the Inspiron 1300 -- which
I would like to know before ordering ;)

Since Debian is the very only distribution running on my servers,
I have three questions:

- Has anyone setup, configured and run Debian testing on the Inspiron
  1300, yet?  Experiences, nuts and bolts hints/considerations?

- Does there exist a list of laptops that are known to run Debian?

- Are there other recommendations for cheap laptops with 3years
  warranty that run Debian?

TIA.

wbr,
Lukas