Re: Debian workstations in a school environment

Philippe,

You might want to check out lessdisks.  It allows you to set up diskless
debian clients.  Set up is fairly straight forward and administering a
single debian image on the lessdisks server is a lot easier than managing
a room full of debian boxes.

Applications for workstations are added at server with built in chrooting
lessdisks-aptget, making deployment very easy.  We've even cron'd in the
daily updates for images.

Even though diskless client can and should use standard ssh, tcpip
wrappers, etc.

Should find several posts on web where it's been used in school
environment.

Good luck,