Re: Cannot browse network using smb

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:47:29AM +0100, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am using Debian Etch AMD64, Samba 3.0.21b on a Windows 2000 ADS
>domain (latest security updates applied).
>
>My problem is that I cannot browse my Windows network or mount any
>Windows 2000 based network shares, using the "Network Servers" or
>"Connect to servers" since some update (it used to work before that
>update and alas, I cannot remember which update).
>
>The error when I use "Network Servers" is "Couldn't display "smb:///"."
>
>The error when I use "Connect to Server" is "Can't display location
>"smb://askesis;jkr@obelix/d%24" There is no default action associated
>with this location."
>
>I can browse my other Linux (Sarge i386) machine's shares. I also can
>mount a Windows 2000 using smbmount but only as root, not as my
>ordinary login account. I can also browse from a Windows 2000 client to
>the exported shares from my AMD64 machine.
>
>Anyone an idea what to do about this?

What tool are you using to do the browsing?

If you're using Nautilus you'll need to make sure you have
libgnomevfs2-extra installed.

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Unreadable code,
Why would anyone use it?
Learn a better way.
     -- Geoff Kuenning's contribution to the 2004 Perl Haiku Contest,
        Haikus about Perl - 'Dishonerable Mention' winner