Re: Intel Pro/1000 MT and strange ping RTTs

> And if you do that from a non e1000 host *to* an e1000 host?

Same result - variable times.

> Also, do you have traffic in the e1000 other than the ping?  Heavy
> traffic?
> Light traffic?  Is NAPI enabled in the kernel?

The ping I pasted was with zero other traffic other than an ssh
session.  However, during times of high traffic (~8Mbps), the RTTs
increase, showing stress.  Not sure if that's typical on other
connections, but I don't see it on two other servers that I have
running.

NAPI is turned off.

Thanks again.
Mark