Re: GRUB and loading WinXP

J Merritt wrote:

*/Paul Scott <paslist@ultrasw.com>/* wrote:

    What works for me (as generated during the sarge net install) is:

    title Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    root (hd0,0)
    savedefault
    makeactive
    chainloader +1

    Paul Scott

That's similar to what was there previously. I will try to add those lines again. As I remember, it would only work part of the time, but would always give garbled characters whether or not it actually worked.

Are you sure the Windoze partition is not broken? How about making sure you can restore the GRUB afterward and try putting the MS MBR back as a test?

Paul