Re: can't run root as regular user

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 09:44:04PM -0500, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> Hello.  I recently upgraded to Sid, and I cannot run root commands as a
> regular user.  When I try to run Synaptic, I get the following message
> after entering the root password:
> "Failed to run /usr/sbin/synaptic as user root:
> Failed to communicate with gksu-run-helper.

I don't use Synaptic and I don't use Gnome at home, but two things
spring to mind:

1. gksu-run-helper is in the libgksu1.2-0 package.  Is that installed
on your system?

2. Are you in the /etc/sudoers file?  If not, log in as root and run
the visudo command.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/