Re: [PHP-DB] Help getting php up and running

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 11:19:05AM -0500, CasperLinux wrote:
> On Saturday 11 February 2006 10:54, David Kirchner wrote:
> > On 2/11/06, CasperLinux <CasperLinux@comcast.net> wrote:
> > > Anyone have any input? I am googling till my fingers hurt and everything
> > > I find says it should be running.  Whenever I try to open a test.php file
> > > all I get is the web browswer trying to save the file instead of serving
> > > up the php content.

> > That should probably be php4_module or something along those lines. It
> > needs to match whatever the .so was built for; it's not arbitrary.
> I did a dpkg-reconfigure apache a bit ago and this is now the php line in
> modules.conf :
> LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
>
> Still won't come up.

Did you modify your apache2 config file to recognize the .php extension?

You need:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml

To be able to use index.php, and you need lines like:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
</IfModule>

To get the web server to recognize the .php extension and execute your
PHP files.

In apache2, the apache2.conf file should contain that first line, and
there should be php4.conf file in your /etc/apache2/mods-enabled
directory that contains the second set of lines.

John S.