Re: installing packages from testing in sarge

Martin Paraskevov wrote:
Hello,

I am a newcomer to the list and have the following question to ask. I have recently installed debian sarge (the stable distribution) but when I search for mozilla-firefox with:

apt-cache show mozilla-firefox

I get an older version of the browser.

1. Can I install software from the testing distribution under sarge. For example if I add a line in the /etc/apt/sources.list file. Or do I have to upgrade to the testing etch.

2. What command can I use in the shell to edit the /etc/apt/sources.list file but not manually but through interface. I think there was a tool like this but I don't remember what it was.

Rather than mess with getting Sid stuff into Sarge, why not just go here:
http://www.mozilla.com/
Download the latest FF and install it? It's a piece of cake.