egroupware and apache

Dear maintainers,

I have  a little question about egroupware.

Whenever I want to install egroupware, it wants to install apache2, too. This
is caused due to dependencies in the package itself. But why should I be
forced to use apache ? In my opinion I should myself decide, which
http-server I prefer for using egroupware.

Egroupware can not be installed without installing apache. But I want i.e. use
thttpd, but the dependencies force me to install apache. Does egroupware
really need apache? Or is it possible, to use another http-demon, i.e. thttpd
(small and fast) O.k., you might say, I can deactivate apache and use thttp.
I can download the single packages and install them manually using apt-get -d
packagename. This could be a solution.

I think however, it would be better, to get apache into the suggested
packages, so the administrator can decide, which http-demon he will use.

If I am true, then this would touch another very important point: Freedom.
It is another step to freedom (the reason, why I like debian so much), debian
stands for.

Maybe I am wrong, so please do not hesitate to teach me.

Best regards

Hans

And there is another point: Deciding of the