To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Cc: "Ross Boylan" <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org>
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 12:17 AM
Subject: source for downloadable music?

I want to make a CD of songs for my daughter's birthday party.  Is
there a site that has a good selection of songs that will work with
Linux?  I'm willing to pay for the songs.

Yahoo has a music site but it seems to require software that they say
only works on XP (though I'm willing to try wine, if it worked).  My
vague understanding of Apple's iTunes are that they tend to produce
stuff that's locked to a specific piece of hardware; I'm not sure if
it's OS specific.

Any suggestions?

Ross Boylan