Re: How to get SSH to work on my box?

Tyson Varosyan wrote:
Hi All,

I have the 2 CD text-only load of Debian kernel 2.6. I am looking for
information on how to get SSH to work on the machine. Ideally, I would like
to start up on it's own when the box is powered on.
I did a search on the debian support forums, but the links to guides that I
found were all dead. Google did not have much debian-specific stuff.

Hi

What do you mean by "work".

Do you mean you want sshd installed and working, or do you mean the ssh client.

You need to be more specific in your question.

Check you apt cache to see if it available
 e.g.

apt-cache search ssh

If you get the packages available then

apt-get install ssh -y